How does the end to end process of PDF-eXPLODE work?
I am trying to understand the overall approach to setting up and processing document delivery with PDF-eXPLODE. Please explain!
- You install the product (space required around 35 Mb) on any Server and configure the printer to be “shared” along with other configuration : https://kb.pdf-explode.com/article/i-have-intermittent-problems-running-pdf-explode-how-do-i-configure-pdf-explode-for-problem-free-processing-32.html
- License it is on that server
- Install the printer driver or “add a printer” on each User workstations if you have installed a Print Server version. If the workstation is the same architecture (32 or 64 Bit) as the Server, then you should be able to use the 'Add a Printer' wizard on the workstation
- Adjust the port on these workstation printer installs, to point to the server IP address if you used the PDf-eXPLODE driver installation and not the Windows 'Add a Printer' wizard.
Total time around 15-30 mins
CONFIGURING YOUR REPORT
- Make an adjustment to your Report template to include a PDF-eXPLODE "tag". A "tag" is a text field which is a combination of database values and a destination email addresst, set between a front/back node called <pdfexplode> </pdfexplode>
- Test this by running & previewing the report
- You can make the Tag a simple email tag or a more complex collection of Database values (up to 9) referred to as “VARIABLES” which either perform a system function like ‘Creating an archive folder/ creating a PDF password/Creating a specific filename/ or just merging the data values into the outgoing email subject or message. See this video in here: https://kb.pdf-explode.com/article/what-is-pdf-explode-6.html
Total time around 30 mins -1.5 hours depending on your reporting software.
- User opens their business (Front or Back Office) software to run a report, clicks PRINT and selects the PDF-eXPLODE printer.
- Windows creates a print output and forwards the output to PDF-eXPLODE application via the printer Port. If the product version is a Print Server, then the printer Port has been preconfigured to point to the server such that output produced on a Workstation PDFeXPLODE printer will be redirected to the server for processing.
- PDF-eXPLODE.EXE, (which is in the installed folder), will convert the report output to a PDF which is referred to as a Master PDF
- The master PDF is then analysed by the exploding engine and split (aka 'exploded') into multiple PDFs each with one or more pages based on the destination (in most cases)
- An exploded PDF is archived on the local drive
- Optionally, an email is sent to the email address found in the tag.
- Job done.
|Posted - Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 5:50 AM. This article has been viewed 1563 times.
|Online URL: https://kb.pdf-explode.com/article/how-does-the-end-to-end-process-of-pdf-explode-work-61.html
Powered by PHPKB (Knowledge Base Software)