PDF-eXPLODE remains in Demo mode despite correctly licensing it
When you license PDF-eXPLODE for the first time, you get a message saying ' License ID accepted. Thank you for purchasing PDF-eXPLODE '. You now close PDF-eXPLODE and then re-open it and the evaluation (demo) screen appears again.
Each time you license PDF-eXPLODE, it must update the web database first and then the local hard disk license file called pdfexplode.lf. This LF file is found in the PDF-eXPLODE install folder. Each time you start PDF-eXPLODE, the program inspects the LF file to determine if the product is licensed and finds it still shows internally with a 'D' (for demo) flag and hence the evaluation screen persists. Depending on your Windows operating system version, the corrective action necessary will differ.
The license update process requires Administrative privilege . This is distinctly different to the User being an administrator which is also a requirement. You also must send an email to 3000AD Systems ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) quoting your License ID and requesting a reactivation of the license. To ensure the process has Admin privileges, please do the following:
In Win Vista/7 / 8/2008 / 2012
- You will require an IT Admin person to complete the registration
- Go to the PDF-eXPLODE install folder. Right click on teh PDF-eXPLODE.EXE program file and from the popup menu, select Run As Administrator.
- When the program /evaluation screen appears, selct Activate online and click Continue button. The License details can now be entered.
- When you get the 'success' message, ensure that you shut down PDF-eXPLODE completely and restart it from the Desktop shortcut. It should display the printer queue without any evaluation screen.
- Now log-off as Administrator and log-in as a normal User and test again.
In Win XP / Win 2003
If you are experiencing the same issue of licensing in either of Win XP or Win 2003, then get the Administrator to do as follows:
- Right click on the PDF-eXPLODE.EXE program file in the install folder
- Select 'Run As..' in the pop-up menu and when the next screen appears, enter the security password for the Administrator as shown in the image below
- Click OK to save this to the registry. This process should be one-off.