I entered my License ID and password and got an error message ’No remaining activations’
You entered the License ID and password and on clicking OK you got an error message: " No remaining actiivations" or " The License ID has already been used the allowed number of times ”
and your PDF-eXPLODE remains unlicensed.
" No remaining activations" is a message you get while attempting to license your PDF-eXPLODE install if you have previously successfully licensed the product and you have either:
- moved the license to a new PC (as the old one is being retired) and have not requested 3000AD Systems by email, to reactivate the license for use again OR
- something happened to the license file on your current PC, and the license file seems to be corrupted and has reverted to 'Evaluation' mode again
Each License purchased comes with one activation for one PC. Once you enter that license into the program if it is accepted, then you have a perpetual license with no further license fees attached. At the same time, the one activation purchased is then reduced to zero in our database. The next step in the license process is that the License activation must now update the local pdfexplode.lf ('LF' license file) from an internal 'Demo' flag to 'Licensed'. If this cannot be updated due to a lack of sufficient Windows file update permissions, then the LF file will remain in evaluation mode. Each subsequent License attempt will display the message "No more remaining Activations" as the database shows the license counter as '0'. To rectify this problem, you will need to inform 3000AD Systems and request a reactivation. Once you have been notified that reactivation has been done, you may proceed with re-licensing.
The reason the local license file (pdfexplode.lf) does not properly register as "Licensed" is because you have not started the program ( for licensing purposes only ) by right clicking the PDF-eXPLODE.EXE in the installed folder and have not selected Run As Administrator. Only when the program opens under this ' Run As Administrator ', should you license. This is critical to a successful licensing. Starting PDF-eXPLODE.EXE with Run As Administrator is compulsory regardless of whether you are an Administrator or not. Please read What is ’Run As Administrator’ and why do I need to use it with PDF-eXPLODE licensing when I am already an Administrator?
Please contact 3000AD Systems support by email to email@example.com at least 2 business days in advance, and request a re-activation, stating your reason. Once you receive a reply to your request, re-license. Each time you enter the license into PDF-eXPLODE without requesting a reactivation, you will get the error ' No remaining activations'.
Sometimes you may have entered the License ID after starting the program with 'Run As Administrator' , you get a message "License successful. Thank you for purchasing PDF-eXPLODE". This message comes after the web database has been successfully activated. If the evaluation does not clear and display each time you start PDF-eXPLODE, then it means that your pdfexplode.lf license file in the install folder did not get updated from 'Evaluation' mode to 'Licensed' mode. However sometimes, the "Licenses successful" message is immediately followed with an error #69 message on screen like this:
This error can occur if for instance:
- you purchased a Server license, but the current installed program is the previously installed trial Desktop OR
- you installed the correct Server version Print or Terminal license. However the number of Users shows on the evaluation screen as (say) 3-Users, but your actual license is a 1-User pack.
This error #69 indicates that the wrong license file is installed in the install folder. In this instance, you will need to inform 3000AD Systems by email that this error occurred while licensing and also advise your License ID as well as what License details shows on the top right of the evaluation screen. 3000AD Systems will send you a new pdfexplode.lf license file replacement.
In summary, if you need to move your license to another PC :
- Notify 3000AD Systems by email to firstname.lastname@example.org of the intended move at least 2 business days in advance, stating the reason for the move.
- Ensure that the installed PDF-eXPLODE version on the new PC matches the license type you purchased i.e. You cannot use the 'Trial' Desktop installer if you purchased a server version.
- If you received confirmation from 3000AD Systems of the reactivation, then commence licensing by right clicking the PDF-eXPLODE.EXE in the installed folder (and NOT the desktop shortcut) and selecting ' Run As Administrator ' from the popup menu; when PDF-eXPLODE opens with an evaluation screen, verify the version type for the installed (pdfexplode.lf) license file in the right corner in the middle of the screen. Select Option 2 - Activate On Line and then license.
If you are upgrading your version of PDF-eXPLODE or just moving the program to another PC, then you can also transfer the PDF-eXPLODE.INI (configuration) file to the new installation as follows:
- If your version was V3 or earlier (prior to Jan 2013), then your INI file will be located under C:\DOCUMENT AND SETTINGS\%USER\APPLICATION DATA\PDF-eXPLODE (for Win XP) or C:\USERS\%USER\AppData\ROAMING\PDF-eXPLODE ( for Win Vista and later). Copy that file to the new [installed folder]\INIS\%USER
- Open PDF-eXPLODE from the desktop shortcut or from the installed folder and select from the Printer Menu /Options.
- Go through each screen and verify that the data is as expected. Pay special attention to the correct setting of checkboxes and radio button options. Retype ALL password fields with the password text again. Test your Email connection.
- Once you are satisfied that the INI file is correct, click SAVE to save and exit. You have now successfully transferred your configuration file to the new program location and current version format.