I cannot figure out why my exploded document won’t email
I have a Word document with several pages to be exploded and emailed. However despite creating the Master PDf and the correct number of exploded PDFs, it does not email. My 'Test Connection' button works. So what is the issue?
The first thing to do is to have a look at the PDF-eXPLODE.log file found in the either of these locations:
Desktop version: [Win XP/2000/2003] C:\DOCUMENT AND SETTINGS\%USER\APPLICATION DATA\PDF-EXPLODE\LOGS
[Win 7/Vista] C:\USERS\%USER\APPDATA\ROAMING\PDF-EXPLODE\LOGS
Server Versions: [Win 2003/2008]: C:\PROGRAM FILES\PDF-EXPLODE\LOGS\%USER 32 BIT
C:\PROGRAM FILES(X86)\PDF-EXPLODE\LOGS\%USER 64 BIT
where %USER = Your Login ID
The log will show the location of the Master PDF created, and number of expected exploded PDF files. It will show the tag for each exploded page as the tag is made into a temporary exploded PDF file with the file name of TAG + _expl.pdf. Verify if the tag text looks correct to you. It is possible that the complete tag text is completely jumbled up and the email address could be truncated (i.e. cut) such that it is incomplete or the email address does NOT appear at the very end of the tag. If the tag is jumbled or spread out with a lot of spaces in between text, then PDF-eXPLODE will not be able to identify the email address correctly nor apply the rules required when archiving the exploded PDF file. This explains why no email was sent. However, you need to determine why the tag (displayed correctly in the document) was jumbled or truncated or contained a lot of spaces in between tag text.
The reason for the incorrect exploded tag text is one of the following:
- You used a font pitch size less than 7 pitch (this is the minimum). Increase the font pitch to minimum 7 pitch and retry the process.
- Your text is too close to other document text and graphic(s) which may "overshadow the Tag text and cause overlapping - sometimes this is not visible at normal 100% magnification. Also ensure at least one line space between the Tag and other text or graphics in the document.
- Your print driver 'Printing Preferences' requires configuring as follows:
- Right click on PDFeXPLODE printer icon on the workstation and select Printer Properties (Win 7/ Vista/ 2008)) or Properties (Win XP/2000)
- On the General tab, click Preferences, Advanced and click on the ‘+’ next to Graphic and then TrueType Font and set to “ Download as Softfont ”.
- Next click on the +PostScript Options and select TrueType Font Download Option and set to “ Outline ”. Now click OK and exit from Properties by clicking OK.
- Finally, ensure that the Postscript Language level is set to 2 . Click on the field to edit the value