When I click the Test Connection button in PDF-eXPLODE, I get an error
Clicking the Test connection button produces an error.
OR in Win 7 the button is disabled (the button click does not initiate any response.). The solution below applies to both errors i.e. when you get a Windows error 429 or no button click response and no onscreen error.
The problem here is that either at installation time or some time later (if this error occurred much later), the email engine (chilkatmail2.dll) has not been correctly registered on the PC. This registration is automatic at installation and entails inserting an special entry into the PC's Windows Registry. You would now be required to do this manually as below:
- Click 'Run' on the Start menu (Win XP) or just click the Windows icon button in Win 7 to open the menu.
- Type the following command in the Text field available inside the Run screen (Win XP/2003) or the Search field in Win 7/2008
PDF-eXPLODE V3.3+ to V188.8.131.52
regsvr32 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ChilkatMail2.DLL ( 32 Bit system)
regsvr32 C:\WINDOWS\SysWow64\ChilkatMail2.DLL ( 64 Bit system)
PDF-eXPLODE V2.0 - V3.2
regsvr32 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CHILKAT.DLL ( 32 Bit system)
regsvr32 C:\WINDOWS\SysWow64\CHILKAT.DLL ( 64 Bit system)
- Click OK (Win XP/2003) or hit [ENTER] (Win 7/ 2008)
- You should get a success message – Click OK.
- Re-try the Test Connection button in PDF-eXPLODE.