PDF-eXPLODE remains in Demo mode despite correctly licensing it
When you license PDF-eXPLODE for the first time, you get a message saying 'License ID accepted. Thank you for purchasing PDF-eXPLODE'. You now close PDF-eXPLODE and then re-open it and the evaluation (demo) screen appears again.
Each time you license PDF-eXPLODE, it must update the web database first and then the local hard disk license file called pdfexplode.lf. This LF file is found in the PDF-eXPLODE install folder. Each time you start PDF-eXPLODE, the program inspects the LF file to determine if the product is licensed and finds it still shows internally with a 'D' (for demo) flag and hence the evaluation screen persists. Depending on your Windows operating system version, the corrective action necessary will differ.
The license update process requires Administrative privilege. This is distinctly different to the User being an administrator which is also a requirement. You also must send an email to 3000AD Systems (email@example.com) quoting your License ID and requesting a reactivation of the license. To ensure the process has Admin privileges, please do the following:
In Win Vista/7 / 8/2008 / 2012
- You will require an IT Admin person to complete the registration
- Go to the PDF-eXPLODE install folder. Right click on teh PDF-eXPLODE.EXE program file and from the popup menu, select Run As Administrator.
- When the program /evaluation screen appears, selct Activate online and click Continue button. The License details can now be entered.
- When you get the 'success' message, ensure that you shut down PDF-eXPLODE completely and restart it from the Desktop shortcut. It should display the printer queue without any evaluation screen.
- Now log-off as Administrator and log-in as a normal User and test again.
In Win XP / Win 2003
If you are experiencing the same issue of licensing in either of Win XP or Win 2003, then get the Administrator to do as follows:
- Right click on the PDF-eXPLODE.EXE program file in the install folder
- Select 'Run As..' in the pop-up menu and when the next screen appears, enter the security password for the Administrator as shown in the image below
- Click OK to save this to the registry. This process should be one-off.