I entered my License ID and password and got an error message ’No remaining activations’
You entered the License ID and password and on clicking OK you got an error message: "No remaining actiivations" or "The License ID has already been used the allowed number of times”
and your PDF-eXPLODE remains unlicensed.
Each License purchased comes with one activation for one PC. Once you enter that license into the program if it is accepted, then you have a perpetual license with no further license fees attached. At the same time, the one activation purchased is then reduced to zero in our database. If your license still remains in evaluation mode, then the pdfexplode.LF (license file) has not updated and any attempt to relicense without another re-activation will trigger the error "No remaining activations". The reason the local license file (pdfexplode.lf) does not properly register as "LICENSED" is because you have not started the program (for licensing purposes only) by right clicking the PDF-eXPLODE.EXE in the installed folder and have not selected Run As Administrator. Only when the program opens under this 'Run As ' environment should you license. This is critical to a successful licensing. Please read What is ’Run As Administrator’ and why do I need to use it with PDF-eXPLODE licensing when I am already an Administrator?
Should you in the future have need to move this license to another PC as the current PC is about to be retired, decommissioned or scrapped, you will then need to contact 3000AD Systems support (email@example.com) and request a re-activation, stating your reason. Once you receive a reply to your request, re-license. Each time you enter the license into PDF-eXPLODE without requesting a reactivation, you will get the error 'No remaining activations'.
Alternatively, the following scenarios may apply.
- You entered the License ID for the first time after purchase and you got a message "License succeeded. Thank you for purchasing PDF-eXPLODE". This message comes after the web database has been successfully activated. However, the evaluation screen does not close. Each time you start PDF-explode after licensing, the evaluation still persists and opens. You are still in demo mode. You re-enter the License ID a second or third time and you get an error message "No more remaining activations". What did you do wrong?
- You purchased the license very recently and you installed it on your new PC. However, due to some fault in your PC's build and delivery, your PC had to be re-imaged. You then had to reinstall PDF-eXPLODE; however, the license does not work, despite the fact your purchase is was less than a month ago.
- When you attempt to license (after a re-activation), you get an error #69. This error indicates that the wrong license file version (for your User pack) got installed from the installer. You will need to inform 3000AD Systems by email of your License type (Print Server Version # - 1,3,5,or 10 user pack or Terminal Server Version # - 1,3,5,or 10 user pack or Desktop or Report Server) and your License ID. They will send you a pdfexplode.lf license file replacement.
You will need to request a reactivation of your license if PDF-eXPLODE is in evaluation mode despite the fact you received a message that said the license has been "successfully" activated. This "success" message came from the web database and the persistence of the evaluation screen indicates that the LF file did not update to "license" mode. This is result of a configuration issue on your local hard drive.
The local pdfexplode.lf license file exists in the installed folder. This file must be updated from DEMO to LICENSED mode and it is the reason why your program is still in DEMO or evaluation mode. Windows or your Antivirus program could have 'blocked' this update. Follow this procedure:
- Advise 3000AD Systems support by email that your program is in evaluation still and requires a reactivation.
- When you receive notification that the license has been reactivated, you must start PDF-eXPLODE.exe (from the install folder where this executable is found) by right clicking it and selecting Run As Administrator from the popup menu.
- Select Activate on line when the evaluation screen appears and enter your license details and click OK to activate
- This should fix the problem. However =, if the issue persists, then read on
- Sometimes, if User Account Control (aka UAC) is turned on, it prevents the LF file from being updated on some networks. In this case you can turn off UAC (select Control Panel/User Account and click the link 'Change User Account Settings') by placing it at a minimum ('Never Notify') before you License. It is necessary to reboot in order to apply any changes made to your UAC setting .
- Now start PDF-eXPLODE and activate.
- Once you have activated your license, you can turn UAC back on after licensing, if you turned it off for licensing before. It is advisable to keep the setting at the first notch from the bottom to allow PDF-eXPLODE to run uninterrupted when processing.
If you are upgrading your version of PDF-eXPLODE or just moving the program to another PC, then you can also transfer the PDF-eXPLODE.INI (configuration) file to the new installation as follows:
- If your version was V3 or earlier (prior to Jan 2013), then your INI file will be located under C:\DOCUMENT AND SETTINGS\%USER\APPLICATION DATA\PDF-eXPLODE (for Win XP) or C:\USERS\%USER\AppData\ROAMING\PDF-eXPLODE ( for Win Vista and later). Copy that file to the new [installed folder]\INIS\%USER
- Open PDF-eXPLODE from the desktop shortcut or from the installed folder and select from the Printer Menu /Options.
- Go through each screen and verify that the data is as expected. Pay special attention to the correct setting of checkboxes and radio button options. Retype ALL password fields with the password text again. Test your Email connection.
- Once you are satisfied that the INI file is correct, click SAVE to save and exit. You have now successfully transferred your configuration file to the new program location and current version format.